Information For Authors
GUIDELANES FOR PUBLICATION
Journal of Human Sport and Exercise is an international publication in English. It features papers related to physical education, sports physiology, sports medicine and traumatology, sports psychology, and any other areas directly related to physical education and sport.
All contributions must be original and be directly related to education and sport, or serve as the basis for future application to research in such areas. All papers shall be reviewed by the journal’s editorial panel (following a double blind, peer review process) which will consider quality, clarity, style and relevance of the work as regards the goals and purposes of the journal. In any case, final decisions on publication, be it total or partial, will be made by the editorial board.
Papers may take the form of editorials, original papers, review articles, technical notes, new technologies, special articles and letters to the editor.
- Original papers. Original contributions on a specific topic, with a maximum of 20 pages and no more than 60 references. The manuscript shall have the following layout: introduction, summary, keywords, materials and methodology, results, discussion and conclusions.
- Review articles. Based on a critical examination of the literature, analyzing the various approaches to a specific topic, with a maximum of 25 pages and no more than 100 references.
- Technical notes. Description of new techniques or modifications to the already existing ones, with a maximum of 10 pages and no more than 30 references.
- New technologies. Critical review of new equipment, with a maximum of 10 pages and no more than 30 references. The manuscript shall have the following layout: introduction, summary, keywords, materials and methodology, results, discussion and conclusions.
- Special articles. Historical reviews, teaching methodology and legal or financial topics related to physical education and sport, with a maximum of 10 pages and no more than 30 references.
- Letters to the editor. Brief opinions on contributions published in edudeporte or current issues. Letters should not exceed two pages and 5 references.
Contributions must be sent from this page (Online Form).